Domson’s Engineering & Construction is currently looking for an experienced Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer. Under the supervision of an Engineer, the Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer will prepare construction documents and specifications for various commercial, industrial, and health care projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of design approaches and concepts on assigned;
- Assist in the data collection and/or field verification;
- Research NFPA and/or relevant international Standards and Codes;
- Assist in the selection of equipment to fit the project design;
- Produce detailed plumbing and fire protection layouts in AutoCAD and/or Revit, based on applicable codes and standards;
- Produce plumbing fixture schedules and riser diagrams;
- Produce project based plumbing and fire protection specifications;
- Ensure that all drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness, and prior to project deadline;
- Communicate with team members, team leader, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information for drawings;
- Assist with on‐site observations during construction and coordinate design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers under the direction of project engineer;
- Review shop drawings, records changes, and inform all disciplines of details and schedules.
- A two‐year technical degree in an applicable discipline plus three years practical experience; or a four‐year technical degree in an applicable discipline plus two years applicable experience; or five years applicable experience;
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit MEP design software with a minimum of five years’ experience modeling these systems;
- General knowledge of NFPA or/and international Standards and Building Codes;
- General knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering;
- General knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies;
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with Hydraulic calculation software is preferred;
- Knowledge of English language.
- Attention to details is essential;
- Friendly, courteous, and people oriented;
- Natural attitude towards providing excellent quality and goal oriented;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks;
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and an innovative approach;
- Day time / Flexibility.
Applicants interested in this position and whose qualifications meet the requirements are welcome to send their CV in English with a picture to [email protected] and state the position title in the subject line.